Divorce Mediation Reston | How it Works in Virginia
People often prefer divorce mediation to litigation. Divorce mediation aims to resolve divorce in a peaceable, cost and time-effective way that is beneficial to both parties. This is done through open communication with the use of a third-party mediator. Let’s look at what divorce mediation is and where you can find a mediator in Reston.
A mediator is an unbiased, neutral third party. Mediation specialists have the skills and experience to comfortably guide you to a comprehensive resolution of all issues involved in your divorce. The main goal of a mediator is to facilitate negotiation between the parties, so that the parties are able to reach a resolution that is tailored to their particular family and circumstances.
In Lieu of Litigation
Choosing mediation instead of litigation can be very advantageous for you and your spouse. It is typically a more comfortable way to navigate divorce and provides several benefits including:
- Mutually beneficial. Divorce mediation seeks an outcome that suits all parties and is agreed upon by both.
- Cost-effective. Divorce mediation is generally far less expensive than litigation.
- Mediation only takes as long as is needed to reach agreements. This could be finished in one session or several sessions over the course of a few weeks, whereas litigation may last a year or more.
- Preserves relationships. Divorce mediation can help you resolve your problems amicably and helps to preserve relationships and ease stress on the entire family.
- If no court intervention is needed, divorce mediation remains confidential.
Divorce Mediation in Reston
If you are considering a divorce and think that divorce mediation is right for you, please give us a call. At Grenadier, Duffett, Levi, Winkler & Rubin, our attorneys have the skills and experience to help you navigate the mediation process. Contact us today to learn more!