Divorce Lawyers in Fredericksburg, VA
Spotsylvania County, Virginia
Stafford County, Virginia
- Stafford is located midway between the metropolitan areas of Washington, D. C. and Richmond, the capital of Virginia.
- Stafford County encompasses 277 square miles, 65% of which is still forested.
- The population in 2000 was approximately 92,000 people.
- Marine Corps Base Quantico, the “Crossroads of the Marine Corps,” occupies 30,527 acres in the northern end of the county.
- Stafford offers excellent public services to its citizens, including one of the best school systems in the Commonwealth.
- Recreational opportunities abound in more than 1,000 acres of county, regional, state, and national parks.
- Stafford offers numerous sports amenities including 5 private marinas, 2 public fishing lakes, 7 county parks, 188 acres of athletic fields, and 3 golf courses.
- The Rappahannock River, once a popular shipping route to the historic port of Falmouth, flows along the southern boundary of the county. The Rappahannock has been designated as a State Scenic River and offers abundant wildlife habitat and scenic recreational opportunities.